• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

upgrading panasonic plasma will my current mount fit?

robbster

Established Member
Hi

I currently have a 42px60 plasma television and was looking to upgrade this pretty soon with a more modern display. Have been looking at the x10 and the g10 in particular aswell as the LG range.

I bought the wallmounted version of the px60 that came with the bracket. I was just wondering if the current mount would be fit ok with the current range of panasonic displays? Are the holes in the same place etc? Also what about the LG ones?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

alsina

Prominent Member
Hi

I currently have a 42px60 plasma television and was looking to upgrade this pretty soon with a more modern display. Have been looking at the x10 and the g10 in particular aswell as the LG range.

I bought the wallmounted version of the px60 that came with the bracket. I was just wondering if the current mount would be fit ok with the current range of panasonic displays? Are the holes in the same place etc? Also what about the LG ones?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Both the new Panasonics and the LG's have different mounting hole positions. You will need to change your wall bracket unfortunately.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Not necessarily - it depends what kind of bracket the original display came with.

Most suppliers just use universal ones which will fit just about anything - so unless it was a genuine Panasonic bracket (unlikely) - then it is probably fine. The only issue then could be that the relevant spacers and screws may have been thrown away.

Steve

alsina

Prominent Member
Obviously I have assumed that as the PX60 actually came from the factory as a stand, pedestal or wall bracket package, then the OP will have the Panasonic bracket which has fixed points to bolt to the tv.

If he doesn't of course, then he is likely to be able to use it on a new tv.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
Sure - I realise that.

I think the PX60 came in PED, CAB and bare panel versions. Not sure there were any bundled with a bracket - I could be wrong!

I think it's more likely that he has a third party bracket though...

alsina

Prominent Member
Sure - I realise that.

I think the PX60 came in PED, CAB and bare panel versions. Not sure there were any bundled with a bracket - I could be wrong!

I think it's more likely that he has a third party bracket though...

In fact I think you're onto something there. The PX60 came as a panel with which you could order a bracket/stand or pedestal. It was in fact the PX70 that you couldn't order as a panel only and came with either a bracket/stand or pedestal as standard.

robbster

Established Member
Thanks for the replys alsina and stevelup

The tv actually came with the wall bracket although im not sure if its an official panasonic mount or not. The tv I believe came in 3 different types. Floorstand, pedestal and wallmount

alsina

Prominent Member
Thanks for the replys alsina and stevelup

The tv actually came with the wall bracket although im not sure if its an official panasonic mount or not. The tv I believe came in 3 different types. Floorstand, pedestal and wallmount

It will be very obvious when you take the current tv off. The important thing to note is that the mounting points on current tv's are in different places to yours and if it is a Panasonic mount then it will be of no use to you.

robbster

Established Member
Thanks alsina i'll probably just sell the current tv with wallmount then and purchase a different bracket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom