upgrading now to iPhone 4s rather than wait for iphone5

ursine benn

Hey all

My contract ended recently, and to be honest i might not bother waiting for the iPhone 5, i am seriously considering picking up the the 4s for free and just pocketing the the money made from selling my iPhone 4. My reasons really being is that the iPhone 5 will only be faster and with possibly a bigger screen, other than that as long as you have at least a 4s you will have exactly the same experience as you will with the iPhone 5.

What are your thoughts, should i wait?

thestig230

I've been out of contract on my Ip4 since February this year and didn't upgrade to the iP4s for your exact reasoning but I hope to upgrade to the iP5 on release.

The reason being for the "rumoured" NFC technology http://www.tapscape.com/iphone-5-nfc-itravel-feature/

I think there will be so many other things it could be used for too. :D

ursine benn

thestig230 said:
I've been out of contract on my Ip4 since February this year and didn't upgrade to the iP4s for your exact reasoning but I hope to upgrade to the iP5 on release.

The reason being for the "rumoured" NFC technology http://www.tapscape.com/iphone-5-nfc-itravel-feature/

I think there will be so many other things it could be used for too. :D

Yeah I saw about the whole NFC thing, but im not really sold on it.

poppitypop

I'm waiting. The 4S has nothing to offer me over the 4 however the 5 may have much more. I will wait and see what the 5 has then decide. Its only likely to be a couple of months away. You have nothing to lose by waiting.

ursine benn

Upgraded to the 4s, traded in my iPhone 4 which was smashed to bits on the back for £210 cash and got the phone for free. I love apple products, but in all honesty i just can't see the iPhone 5 offering much more than the 4s besides an NFC chip (which won't see any use until ios7) and a slightly bigger screen.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
im waiting for the 5. quite happy to stick with my 4 until then and im enjoying the cheaper line rental now out of contract.

roll on sept/oct :)

ursine benn

w3dal said:
im waiting for the 5. quite happy to stick with my 4 until then and im enjoying the cheaper line rental now out of contract.

roll on sept/oct :)

Im just hoping the iPhone 5 isn't too awesome now, but I'm happy with the deal. To be honest I love the 4s, I've owned all the iPhones and tonnes of other handsets over the years, I've used a galaxy s2 for a bit too, but the 4s just strikes a chord with me, I really can't fault it, it's the perfect size, design, shape and i wouldn't want a bigger screen.

Perhaps my view will change when the iPhone 5 actually gets announced, but the 4s will do everything the 5 will, and we know this as ios6 has already been announced.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
ursine benn said:
Im just hoping the iPhone 5 isn't too awesome now, but I'm happy with the deal. To be honest I love the 4s, I've owned all the iPhones and tonnes of other handsets over the years, I've used a galaxy s2 for a bit too, but the 4s just strikes a chord with me, I really can't fault it, it's the perfect size, design, shape and i wouldn't want a bigger screen.

Perhaps my view will change when the iPhone 5 actually gets announced, but the 4s will do everything the 5 will, and we know this as ios6 has already been announced.

If it is too awesome, just sell your 4S add the extra funds on top(if you can afford it of course) and buy sim free from apple ... happy days !!

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Uncle Gadget said:
If it is too awesome, just sell your 4S add the extra funds on top(if you can afford it of course) and buy sim free from apple ... happy days !!

I'll def be going sim free on the next one. No more contracts for me

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
w3dal said:
I'll def be going sim free on the next one. No more contracts for me

Yep been doing that for a few years now, the beauty of iPhones they hold there value more so not alot extra to put down next time around !!

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Uncle Gadget said:
Yep been doing that for a few years now, the beauty of iPhones they hold there value more so not alot extra to put down next time around !!

It seems even my 4 is still worth a few quid so happy days :)

If you have a 4 then why bother upgrading to a 4s?

I'm waiting to see what comes, if I'm not impressed I'll get a galaxy s3.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom