Upgrading, need advice

Kenu

Novice Member
I want to upgrade my Polk audio tower R50 and Polk audio Tsx 150c center channel. I'm looking at 2 x Klipsch R-41M for bookshelf and Klipsch RP-250c or Klipsch R-52c for a center channel. My room is 14' x 13'. Which center speaker do you recommend and are the R-41M ok? My receiver is Sony STR-DN1080.

I tend to listen to 70% TV, movies and 30% music.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You would be underwhelmed at least for 2ch music listening if you move from those towers to cheap bookshelf speakers so i would see this more of downgrade. If you don`t have subwoofer it would be even bigger downgrade for movies after larger towers.

If you move to Klipsch then RP-250c as minium (the R-serie is cheap crap) and save up for RP-500M/RP-600M or used RP-150M/RP-160M if you are looking bookshelf speakers with stands. With Klipsch aim always for Reference Premiere (RP) over Reference (R). Highly recommend that you go listen any new Klipsches in your local best buy or any similar shop that has them on demo!

Kenu

Novice Member
Thanks Gasp, the way to go is RP, I like that, I do have a Sub woofer, has I also have 2 satellites speakers on each side of the room. Unfortunately my Best Buy store does not have Klipsch speakers on display, they seem to push for Sonos. From now on, all my search will be in the RP series, thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom