Upgrading my Plasma - a Little Advice Needed?

nheather

Distinguished Member
I currently have a Panasonic 42" PH8 and am considering upgrading it to a Panasonic 50" PF10.

I have a couple of questions which I can't answer myself at the moment.

Q1 - Wall mounts. Where can I find location\dimension information of the mounting screws for each of the sets. I would like to work out whether I can reuse my existing mount or whether I would have to use something different.

Q2 - I bought my PH8 from AV-Sales. I understand that they have stopped their internet sales business but are still operating from their shop\office. Is this correct and if so do they still deal with the public and still offer competetive prices - I would like to deal with them again if at all possible.

Cheers,

Nigel

RayP

I currently have a Panasonic 42" PH8 and am considering upgrading it to a Panasonic 50" PF10.

I have a couple of questions which I can't answer myself at the moment.

Q1 - Wall mounts. Where can I find location\dimension information of the mounting screws for each of the sets. I would like to work out whether I can reuse my existing mount or whether I would have to use something different.

The Panny site here has all the details. http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/294009/module/general/compare/productsCategory.html

Q2 - I bought my PH8 from AV-Sales. I understand that they have stopped their internet sales business but are still operating from their shop\office. Is this correct and if so do they still deal with the public and still offer competetive prices - I would like to deal with them again if at all possible.

Cheers,

Nigel

I bought my PH9 from them. I understand they've only stopped selling via the internet. The company - Kent Home Cinema - is still alive and well but shop-based only except for repairs under warranty. This compamy sell on-line and stock the PF10 models. http://www.bluestreamav.co.uk/pages/products.aspx?s=0111901110. I don't know anyone who has bought from them.

Cheers.

RayP

Thanks but I went there before posting. As far as I can tell they don't have all the details. There is the full user guide available but I couldn't find anything on mounting, especially the location of the fixing bosses on the back of the panel.

Cheers,

Nigel

I thought it might be in the manual but couldn't find any info on mounting holes. Maybe googling it will give you the info.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I've found the instructions for my mount. It claims it is suitable for the Panasonic 37", 42" and 50".

Obviously it's a few years old now but I don't think the physical design of the panasonic monitor panels has changed - just the electronics and the glass.

The reason I asked is that the vertical hanging arms of the mount are about as wide as the mounting rail will allow for my 42" panel - so perhaps the mounting holes for the 50" and more or less the same width apart as for the 42".

Cheers,

Nigel

RayP

Hi Nigel,

That makes sense. The bracket is such a simple design it would be daft if a different one was required for 42" and 50".

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Hi Ray
as a matter of interest , where would you go if your PH9 needed repairing presuming its out of warranty? would you contact Panasonic for a list of service agents?
Muy PH10 is working fine btw.Best purchase i have ever made, TV wise.

RayP

Hi Ray
as a matter of interest , where would you go if your PH9 needed repairing presuming its out of warranty? would you contact Panasonic for a list of service agents?
Muy PH10 is working fine btw.Best purchase i have ever made, TV wise.

Hi LGS,

AV Forums are honouring warranties so I'm OK for another 3 years. After that I'd probably contact Panasonic. Agreed these are brilliant displays. Best decision I made in ages. :)

I've found the instructions for my mount. It claims it is suitable for the Panasonic 37", 42" and 50".

Obviously it's a few years old now but I don't think the physical design of the panasonic monitor panels has changed - just the electronics and the glass.

The reason I asked is that the vertical hanging arms of the mount are about as wide as the mounting rail will allow for my 42" panel - so perhaps the mounting holes for the 50" and more or less the same width apart as for the 42".

Cheers,

Nigel

I upgraded my 42" PHD8 to a 50" PF10, both bought from AV Sales and the supplied wall mount was suitable for both.

Perfect no probs at all! Go for it!! The PF10 is lovely ! :smashin:

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Thanks but I went there before posting. As far as I can tell they don't have all the details. There is the full user guide available but I couldn't find anything on mounting, especially the location of the fixing bosses on the back of the panel.

Cheers,

Nigel

Same as the previous models and the PHD8 only the 65" is different I thinkl you mean Kent Home Cinema are honouring the AV-sales warranty rether than AV forums honouring it surely it..........I have dealt with Bluestream in the past and no worries or you could look at AV-Toad.

Last edited:

JeffD

Q2 - I bought my PH8 from AV-Sales. I understand that they have stopped their internet sales business but are still operating from their shop\office. Is this correct and if so do they still deal with the public and still offer competetive prices - I would like to deal with them again if at all possible
The AV Sales webshop has gone and as the others have said they now trade soley under the shop name of Kent Home Cinema, but they still have a web presence at:

http://www.kenthomecinema.co.uk

Orders can be taken by phone for delivery in the UK.

RayP

I thinkl you mean Kent Home Cinema are honouring the AV-sales warranty rether than AV forums honouring it surely it..........I have dealt with Bluestream in the past and no worries or you could look at AV-Toad.

Yes, a tongue of the slip. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom