Upgrading my home theatre speakers

DrH

At present i have a Pioneer lx60 Av receiver and a Pioneer LX52 Blue ray player, along with a Panasonic AE3000 projector in a converted garage. The room is 2.3M by 5M

The speaker system i have is a Mordaunt Short 900 series consisting of 906 L&R 905 centre 903 surrounds and a 907 sub.

The sub is on its way out as it hums and pops and the volume control does not work through its whole range. The sub replacement will most likely be a BKXLS 400 as SWMBO has vetoed the monolith due to its size.

So to the rest of the speakers.
I am quite pleased with how it sounds as they all gel well and the soundstage fills the room with ease.
BUT
The spekears are about 7 years old and i am sure things have moved on,
I recently invested in a seperate hifi stereo (marantz cd and amp with wharfedale 10.1) which i am chuffed with so music is not massively important.

Whether to have floorstanders or standmounters is not a big question. From my experience with the wharfedale 10.1's i am thinking maybe standmounters. I can accomodate either.

I have read many good things about so many speakers as i not sure how much i need to spend to gain an improvement. Just talking money not including the sub my existing speakers where about £700 for the set. Bearing in mind that the AV receiver is a mid range which was about £800

So should i be looking at MA or B & W or maybe XTZ?
Sensitivity i do not see as an issue as the room is small and the Lx60 amp has plenty of power.

Maybe go to in ceiling for the rears, i have cabled allready for 7.1.?

DrH

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom