Upgrading my fronts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by WarLock, Nov 5, 2005.

1. WarLock

WarLock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

My setup is:

front B&W 601 S3
    center B&W LCR60
    rear B&w 600 S3
    Sub REL Q150E Mk II
    Amp: Denon 3805

Now I'd like to upgrade my fronts, the 601 go to the rear.

I was thinking in MA RS8, (also looking to B&W 604 S3) what do you guys think?

i heard today a pair of RS6 and they are incredible.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    if your room is big enough then go for it...heh

altho i think the RS6's are supposed to be the best of the bunch, the RS8's wont dissapoint...lol

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i'd advise you swap your B&W centre tho for the RS centre.....i think the two totally different styles of drivers could affect the tone enough to make it obvious which speaker is making sounds.......if your getting a 3805 then you can plug the B&W in as a rear centre if you have room ;-)

4. WarLock

WarLock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i already have the 3805.

well my ideia was to get my 600 in the back, 601 surround and the new speakers in front, problem is -> wife

yes you have a point, the central speaker i might have some tone problems

what if i buy the rs6 and rs lcr ?

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i'd definitely get the RS LCR, as to whether you get the RS6 or RS8 thats up to you, obviously the RS8 will allow better dynamic range and volume, however they will suck more juice from the amp doing this so be careful....heh......if your room isnt bigger than say 22x16 or equivelant then the RS6 will probably make you happy enough ;-)

shouldnt be too much of a problem using the B&W's as your backs and surrounds in regards to fitting in with the RS front 3, i'd say hang on to the B&W centre, then eventually replace your 600 and 601's with RSFX's....

then you could use the B&W's as a second setup in a bedroom or study or whatever...heh....or if wifey says no, help out a mate and sell them on as a 5 channel package ;-)

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    oh, also i'd consider selling on the B&W's and REL Q150 to upgrade to a better sub, the RS6 or RS8's at louder levels will probably overhwelm the Q150 a bit, they do go fairly loud, but its more that they have a very heavy footprint themselves, despite their slender looks their punch is potent....lol

people on here will recommend BK and SVS, i've never tried them so no reason to say they are not good, if you wanna give them a go then go for it, apparently they are cheaper than REL for the same performance.......all i know is my REL Strata 5 makes me very happy, altho if i had a proper lounge to put it in rather than my bedroom i'd have gone for the Storm 5 to be safe...heh...