Upgrading my Blu-ray player?

John G

I have a Denon BD3800 which was Denon's first (and very expensive) player. I have been really pleased with it from day one but I'm thinking of getting a newer model.

Would it be worth it to change for a new Oppo player? I hear good things about them but can they be any better than my Denon?

Cheers, John

probedb

Banned
If you can define better for us that would be a start. I guess my question would be why do you feel the need to upgrade?

I imagine you'll get better deinterlacing and upscaling of SD content but I'm not sure what else.

John G

Basically it's just down to picture quality and the ability to purchase a multi region blu-ray player which my Denon is not capable of.

probedb

Banned
Other than what I've said I can't see you getting any better picture quality to be honest.

It might actually be cheaper just to buy a US BR player purely for Region A discs rather than a multi-region player :) You'd end up needing something like the Oppo players to get the multi-region while still being happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom