1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Lin Hi-fi to AV system

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 100years, Feb 6, 2005.

1. 100years

100years

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own the following:

Philips LCD 42PF9986
    Linn Karik
    Linn Kairn Pro
    Linn LK140 X 2
    Linn Keleidh (Active)

I am looking to upgrade to an AV system for about £5k to £6k and was thinking:

Linn Unidisk SC to replace Kairn and Karik
    Linn Eqwal
    Linn Katan
    2 more LK140s

My main concern is that the Philips LCD has DVI but no compnent video and the Unidisk has no DVI output. Should I stick to the proposed system and connect via RGB Scart or should I consider a different DVD/AV Prcoessor combination with DVI output?

Maybe Arcam or Naim? But how would they work with the Linn LK140s and speakers?

How does Naim DVD5 compare to the Unidisk SC?

Thanks for any suggestions....

2. cod-eye

cod-eye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Having had the dem, the Unidisk SC is a good upgrade over the Karik and Kairn in terms of audio performance so I ended up buying one! Factor in SACD, and WOW!

I use it into my bog standard Sony 28" TV via RGB scart where it replaced an Arcam FMJ-DV27 and I was staggered by the improvement of picture quality, so I heartily recommend it.

I have also sold them into many installations with both plasma's and projectors and have always been impressed with the results.