Upgrading (kinda) from Hitachi 42". Advice?

D

drpellypo

I bought a Hitachi PD425300 ( I think that's the model, anyway) a couple of years back, and it's at my parents house which is where I have been living. However, I'm now moving into my own house and am going to be plasma-less.

Money is not a huge issue as I've just added some extra onto the mortgage, but I don't want to go mental, and risk the wrath of my future wife who'll be living with me! Around 2k is feasible.

I currently have a Harmon Kardon sound setup, so don't need internal speakers.

I'm happy to buy an external digi view box, so wouldn't need a tuner.

Would like to connect a playstation (maybe, if I can convince the missus, a 360, but at the minute, just a PS2) and a DVD player via component (maybe going to buy a new DVD player - will shimmy over to the DVD forum later ;) ) If I do get a new DVD player, then would HDMI be the one to go for, and as such, what panel would be best for that input?

It's going to be wall mounted, and I want as little cablege as possible.

Any suggestions? Maybe the 436XDE? Or some people have mentioned the Hitachi 42PD7500 as a good buy (and you can get it from RS.)

Fankoo! :thumbsup:

:oops: me being the techy n00b that I am, hadn't been searching correctly! I've found loads of people with the same needs as me.

Looks like the 436XDE is the one to go for.

You can also wait a bit for the Panny PV600 and Hitachi 42PD9000 series :thumbsup:

Cheerz :hiya:

The Idea of the XD was that I can wall mount it with only two cables going to the unit through the chimney breast, and then everything plugging into the seperate box. Is this just me being stupid though, and as said, I should get a proper panel, rather than giving into the hype?

drpellypo said:
The Idea of the XD was that I can wall mount it with only two cables going to the unit through the chimney breast, and then everything plugging into the seperate box.
the box does not need to be a MEdia box supplied with the screen tho an AV AMP will do the same so will a scaler (huge PQ benefits too)........ an AV amp with component up conversion and an HDMI lead for future expanability and your set. You will get cracking sound with some speakers too..........

Argh! More things to research. I'll have to check scalers!

With this in mind, I'm at a loss as to what's best for me. As for speakers etc, I've got a full sound setup already, so wouldn't even want speakers with a panel. I@m currently listening through a Harmon Kardon amp, and some decent ELtax floorstanders, but the HK doesn't have pass throughs.

:confused:

decent scalers start at £700ish new or £400 S/H a new AV amp with video switching and conversion starts at £400 ish denon 3805 in black were £650 at Bristol show stonking value and lower denons are also very good as are Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha etc

Which HK is it?

hornydragon said:
decent scalers start at £700ish new or £400 S/H a new AV amp with video switching and conversion starts at £400 ish denon 3805 in black were £650 at Bristol show stonking value and lower denons are also very good as are Onkyo, Pioneer, Yamaha etc

Which HK is it?

That's a big price hike! Would you say the PV500 would be a better screen for me then?

The HK is an older model.. an AV6000 (I think..!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom