Question Upgrading GTA5 to digital version for Series S

LozzaS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am hoping to ask some people in the know. I have been able to secure a Xbox series S for a friend this Christmas as a surprise. I have also sourced a free Samsung T5 1tb SSD, so combined I hope this will be a massive step up from the Day One xbox one he has that is failing.

The elephant in the room is his disc version of GTA5 with every update and millions of hours of game play. His disk is failing and despite my attempts to convince him otherwise I can't get him to move away from the physical disk and just buy the base version of the game from Microsoft Store.

So my question is, if he copies all his game data from the Xbox one to the Samsung SSD, he won't be able to play it on the Series S as he can't use the disk. But if he then buys the GTA5 premium version from MS Store will it simply upgrade the game to a digital version with no loss of progress, purchases or saved games?

I have done this loads of times on PS4 but just not so sure with Xbox and GTA 5 appears more complicated than most because of the add on packs.

I guess this will also be useful to know for other games too.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Short answer, yes will be fine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom