Upgrading from SVS PB1000

ammar

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm moving my home theater system (Goldenear Triton 7, supercenter x, super sat 3, denon x2700h) from my bedroom to my lounge, which is significantly bigger in size. The PB1000 fits my room perfectly, the bass was ample, but not overpowering. At the end of the day, I will wait to see if I really need an upgrade, but when the time comes in about a week, I'd want to know if my available options are worth it.

I have 3 options basically. An SVS SB2000 Pro, SVS PB2000 Pro and GoldenEar Supersub X. The GA and PB2000 Pro are the same price, which is around $400 more than the SB2000 where I live. I cannot go down the dual subs route, so which of these is the best available option and will it be a sizeable upgrade?

I'm moving my home theater system (Goldenear Triton 7, supercenter x, super sat 3, denon x2700h) from my bedroom to my lounge, which is significantly bigger in size. The PB1000 fits my room perfectly, the bass was ample, but not overpowering. At the end of the day, I will wait to see if I really need an upgrade, but when the time comes in about a week, I'd want to know if my available options are worth it.

I have 3 options basically. An SVS SB2000 Pro, SVS PB2000 Pro and GoldenEar Supersub X. The GA and PB2000 Pro are the same price, which is around $400 more than the SB2000 where I live. I cannot go down the dual subs route, so which of these is the best available option and will it be a sizeable upgrade?

SVS are good subs with very good CS, but they aren't the cheapest anymore. There is another brand, Monoprice, where you can get better VFM. They're basically what SVS were when they started up, internet direct prices.

Since you mentioned dollars the PB2000 Pro is $1100. The similar 12" monoprice is a few hundred less and usually on sale so keep an eye out $900 . They're not on sale now, I don't know how much less they go for.

How large is your room? the SB is sealed box which should be enough in a small room (say 4m x 4m), but won't be good enough in a large open plan US home. The ported will offer more output.

I own a couple of the 13" monoprice and a 10" monoprice plus a older SVS and before that several other SVS subs.

You are moving to larger room then you want to stick with the ported route which you are familiar already and happy. In Pakistan you probably limited to SVS products mostly. The PB2000 Pro gives you deeper extension and more output in whole working range plus the phone app control over the smaller PB1000. You should also consider PC2000 Pro. PC = same performance vs. PB and takes less floorspace which may also give you more options regarding subwoofer placement.

PC2000 Pro:
  • Dimensions: 872mm H X 422mm Diameter

PB2000 Pro:
  • Dimensions (w/ grille): 532mm H X 440mm W X 600mm D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom