Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

upgrading from sony davs-880

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mystic_bertie, Mar 26, 2005.

1. mystic_bertie

mystic_bertie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have a sony davs-880 and i am thinking of upgrading to a better system, at the moment the dvd drive is faulty on the sony so i removed the drive and i only use it as a surround system using either my pc or xbox as source for playing movies and music.

I want a system that will be a good improvement but i need something that sounds good playing music as it does playing movies, should i start from scratch with an entire new system or is there any parts of the sony system worth using ie keep the speakers or sub or centre speaker.

i have a recently purchased sony wega KV-32FQ86U tv, so i need recommendations for a standalone dvd player and cinema set up thats good for playing audio too.