1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading from sony dav-s550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by clown5091, Feb 15, 2004.

1. clown5091

clown5091

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello this is my first post so I don't know if this is in the right place but anyway at the the moment i have the sony dav-s550 and I want to upgrade my whole system I am thinking of the DENON DVD2900 or PIONEER DV757Ai with the DENON AVR3803 and i was thing of getting ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO 3B or the KEF KHT2005.2 i just want some ideas to get me thinking

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Also consider AV amps from Harman Kardon and speakers from infinity (oreus are very comparable to Kef's 2005) What TV and budget are you after, and what sort of listening 50-50 film, music or mainly Sky TV and a few DVD's etc.

PS welcome to the forums. And get your arse to the MArriot next weekend (20-22 Sound and Vision Show in Bristol) for more ideas.

3. clown5091

clown5091

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I mostly watch sky and a lot of dvds at the moment music is quite a big issue as well

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I would just like to re-iterate what Hornydragon said. The Annual Sound & Vision Show is at the Marriott Hotel in Bristol from next Friday to Sunday and there is no better place for someone who lives near Bristol to go to have a listen to so much kit in one place.

I would imagine that everything you mentioned will be there plus loads of other stuff in the same price range