Upgrading from Sky+ to Sky HD

eomel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
We currently have a sky+ subscription.

I've read that you can get the free HD channels (1 - 5) without the HD subscription but can you get these and keep the sky+ subscription?

If yes, do we need to change our subscription or get a new card for the HD channels to work, or will they work with our existing card and subscription?

Thanks,
Eomel

Er, you need a Sky HD box to receive HD Channels, and a HD TV of course.

hahah, ooops :blush:

I forgot to add "If I buy a sky HD box..."

So,

If I buy a sky hd box, can I get the free HD channels (1 - 5) without the HD subscription and keep the sky+ subscription?

Thanks

Yes. Once you get your HD Box simply insert your existing card, phone sky so they can pair the card and new box (pretty instant) and you're good to go.

I've read that you can get the free HD channels (1 - 5) without the HD subscription but can you get these and keep the sky+ subscription?
You can get the free channels because they're free, and they have nothing to do with a subscription.
Have I missed something in this question? :confused:

Try giving them a call , the other day I rang to cancel & was offered a 50% subscription reduction or a Sky HD box upgrade. Took the latter for no cost to me, they even had an "engineer" install it. And yes I get the "free" HD channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom