Upgrading: From Pioneer DV-636D to DV575A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Keyser_Soze, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Keyser_Soze

Keyser_Soze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I currently have a Pioneer 636 (my second pioneer machine, 1st suffered lip sync) and having upgraded my TV to a Panasonic TX36PD30 now have component input and progressive scan capability. I would like to stick with Pioneer, as I believe them to be superb on picture quality.

I would appreciate anybodies input on whether buying something like a Pioneer DV575A would be considered an upgrade. The reason? The 575A is less than half what I paid for on the 636D.....so would this really be an upgrade? The machine gets a best buy, but only against other machines of the same budget price range.

I appreciate picture quality should be better through progressive...but I do want to upgrade....not just replace.

Any thoughts anyone? Anyone who owns a DV575A or DV470 (another to consider) please comment on quality etc.

Much appreciated. :thumbsup: