Upgrading from one iPhone to the next

ViolentReaction

Hi Guys,

Like alot of you I will be upgrading to the iPhone 4 as soon as its out. Currently I've got a 3G which I've had since June 2008 (been waiting!).

Never upgraded to the 3GS so just wondering how it works with all the content currently on my phone? I'm assuming a synch with Itunes will transfer the music etc, but what happens to messages / notes / emails on the phone?

Would be looking to blank the 3G afterwards to sell on.

If you go into itunes and back up your phone, it will allow to you add the backup to your new phone and it'll be like when you last had it. Although this will be for the data of your iPhone and not the music.

I had the iPhone 3G never upgraded until last weekend, saved my pennies and bought the iPhone 3GS in white! But then on the Monday they announced the new iPhone 4 - I took my 3GS Back and am waiting for the new one to come out...

:smashin:

Professor Chaos

If you go into itunes and back up your phone, it will allow to you add the backup to your new phone and it'll be like when you last had it. Although this will be for the data of your iPhone and not the music.

I had the iPhone 3G never upgraded until last weekend, saved my pennies and bought the iPhone 3GS in white! But then on the Monday they announced the new iPhone 4 - I took my 3GS Back and am waiting for the new one to come out...

:smashin:

LOL why on earth did you buy a 3GS when the launch of the 4G is imminent :hiya: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom