Question Upgrading from LG 42LD450 (2010), want to upgrade to 4k, thinking of Sony X85C. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Mudkip, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Mudkip

Mudkip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really want to get a new 1080p TV because it will most likely be at least another 5 years before upgrading. So I would like to make the jump to 4k now. I can get pretty good discounts on Sony TVs so thats where I have been looking so far. I'm thinking of getting this Sony X85C 55 Model (KD-55X8507C[1] ). I can get that for £1113. It supports HDCP 2.2 and from what I have read about it so far it seems good. It's only complaints seem to be about android software being buggy (not sure if still is) but I don't care about that because I won't really be using it. Kind of disappointed the 3D is active, from what I have read passive seems to be better. However, I probably wouldn't use it a ton and maybe active is good with the right set of glasses. Seems like a great TV regardless.

I will primarily be watching TV/Movies on the TV using my PC via HDMI, gaming on the PS4 and also blu-rays. This will be in a bedroom (lounge size) and I sit on the bed when viewing TV/Movies and generally sit closer for gaming. So is this Sony X85C a good pickup or should I look elsewhere? Thank you!