Upgrading from JBL Cinema 610 to Q Acoustic 3010i

MikeN858

Novice Member
Hi

I am using JBL cinema 610 5.1 when watching films at projector. I also have two very simple atmos speakers. I think the sound is fine.
But I'm thinking of switching to the Q Acoustic 3010i with subwoofer QB12. I intend to use the satellites for rear and atmos and buy a pair of 3030i as front.
The size of the room is 5.0x3.25 meters. Height 2.17 meters. One long side and one short side are made of concrete with wallpaper.

As I said, I think the sound is good with JBL. But what about Q Acoustic? Does it get fantastically better, so that an ordinary person find a big differenCe? Or is it better saving the money?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi

I am using JBL cinema 610 5.1 when watching films at projector. I also have two very simple atmos speakers. I think the sound is fine.
But I'm thinking of switching to the Q Acoustic 3010i with subwoofer QB12. I intend to use the satellites for rear and atmos and buy a pair of 3030i as front.
The size of the room is 5.0x3.25 meters. Height 2.17 meters. One long side and one short side are made of concrete with wallpaper.

As I said, I think the sound is good with JBL. But what about Q Acoustic? Does it get fantastically better, so that an ordinary person find a big differenCe? Or is it better saving the money?

Yes most bookshelf speakers + normal sized center channel would be step up from the 300£ costing 5.1 satellite package. As you have projector screen you need also speaker stands 600mm height. NorStone Stylum 2 where you can find it on stock it works with most speakers (3030i size).

You mentioned 3010i, but then you said using satellites for rear and atmos (JLB i assume) and buy 3030i front. What about center channel, are you going to buy one 3090Ci or be without it (4.1.2) as you have projector screen so it comes quite low?

Have you heard Q Acoustics speakers before? What about other brands in same price class like Dali Spektor/Oberon, Monitor Audio Bronze, Mission LX mk2.. I linked B&W 607 S2, but there could be still the 607 earlier gen available so google if you can find it on sale.

The QA QB12 sub costs 7000SEK. Way overpriced and there is no need to buy matching subwoofer to speakers, rather pick it from company that specializes in woofers like SVS or XTZ (local company to you)! Few models below that would be better, especially the new Pro models. Quality subwoofer like below can totally transform your system from the dirt cheap JBL shoebox! Buy the best you can afford and you`ll thank me later..

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom