Upgrading from faulty Hisense H55N5700

misc

I've had a Hisense H55N5700 for a few years and it's had problems with vertical lines appearing down the screen. It's been in for repair twice (under warranty), and they couldn't replicate the issue. The warranty has just expired and the family is growing more annoyed by the unreliability, so I've got the go-ahead for a replacement. I'm looking to spend around £700, but could probably push to £1,000 if there's a significantly better TV for the extra money.

We mainly use a FireTV 4k stick, so the smart features aren't necessarily a big deciding factor. We have a Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, a Steam Link and an old PS3 which all get regular use. The more HDMI inputs the better as there'll always be more things to connect. Better picture quality than the Hisense would be good, and a bump in screen size (to 65" maybe) would be nice. We use a 5.1 receiver and a nice set of speakers, so TV sound quality doesn't matter, but ARC on HDMI is essential.

I've been underwhelmed with the Hisense's picture quality, especially in dark scenes. Better HDR would be good, as would a solid 5+ year warranty!

What's the best bang for buck? Any suggestions welcomed.

vickster

Distinguished Member
65XH9005

Or for better HDR
55XH9505

Or 55BX OLED

Or 65XH9505 and bust the budget

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon