Upgrading from Audio technicas AD700 - Ideas please??

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mdubb86, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mdubb86

mdubb86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got some amazon vouchers to spend and might treat myself to some new audio toys :)

Currently use a set of Audio technicas AD700 with a denon dm37. Whilst this is alright i would like to lose the buzz and get a warmer sound with nice soundstage. I never really noticed that much of an improvement from plugging in some sennheiser portables directly into the denon.

I know this sounds vague but any ideas? Looking at 300 for headphones and considering buying an amp seperately.

Cheers

2. Drubbing

Drubbing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    The head out on the Denon must suck if it buzzes.

If you like the AD sound, there's the 900, it depends whether you want open or closed or a different style of sound. A decent dac/amp will help a lot too. Plenty of those around.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. mdubb86

mdubb86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nah , bit bored of the sound coming from them - Already gone and brought some grados to replace them- reading up on amps and dacs