Upgrading from 3G to 3GS?

dj9928

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? My 3G is now slow as hell after iOS 4 and reverting to 3.1.3 hasn't made much difference, the phone is just to old. I can't afford an IP4 so would a 3GS be much of an upgrade from the 3G?

amcluesent

Yep. I went 3G to 3GS and not regretted it. But I've stayed at 4.1 for the untethered jb.

milko

Is it a worthwhile upgrade? My 3G is now slow as hell after iOS 4 and reverting to 3.1.3 hasn't made much difference, the phone is just to old. I can't afford an IP4 so would a 3GS be much of an upgrade from the 3G?
It could be a worthwhile upgrade. Or it might not be worthwhile. Hope this helps.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
It could be a worthwhile upgrade. Or it might not be worthwhile. Hope this helps.
the post may be helpful or it may not be ;)

hmm, it depends, the video camera would be good and iOS 4.2 would be much nicer, so it's an improvement from the 3G. I'm assuming, you are getting this sim free as you say you can't afford the ip4?

dj9928

Well got my 3GS, very noticeable speed difference, however camera isn't any better, I've not looked at the photos on a computer so they may be better but looking at them on the phone they look no better than the 3G

slinger

Until last week I had a 3G (just got the iP4) and my wife has the 3GS. The 3GS is noticeably better in every respect. Much faster, better camera, better web browsing, even a simple task like texting is much quicker (you can go and make a brew waiting for the 3G to respond!)

I would have been more than happy upgrading to the 3GS if I hadn't got an iPhone 4.

dj9928

Until last week I had a 3G (just got the iP4) and my wife has the 3GS. The 3GS is noticeably better in every respect. Much faster, better camera, better web browsing, even a simple task like texting is much quicker (you can go and make a brew waiting for the 3G to respond!)

I would have been more than happy upgrading to the 3GS if I hadn't got an iPhone 4.
Is the iPhone 4 much speedier than the 3GS?

funkyspider

Is the iPhone 4 much speedier than the 3GS?
I had a 3GS and a 4 running next to each other. In a non scientific test we noticed there was about couple of seconds difference opening Angry Birds. In context the 4 wasn't instant and the 3GS wasn't 'slow'

And to be honest looking at both screens side by side I didn't think OMG the 4 is like soooo clear man, neither did I look at the 3GS screen and think I needed an eye test. In fact the whites on the 4 looked at bit yellow to me. So I stayed with the 3GS as I prefer the physical shape/feel. Now venturing into Android - as a developer I like to have fingers in pies.

Top Bottom