1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Denon AVC-A1SR to V2 Denon Link

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by anilo, Aug 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. anilo

anilo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Has anyone here with an A1SR had any joy getting it upgraded to V2 of the Denon Link?

I've spoken to a fw dealers who seem to know nothing about this upgrade.......

To be honest I'm getting fed up with in my opinion Denons after sales (lack of) service.

God help me If I want to get the amp upgraded to the A1SRA spec, or even the V3 (SACD - if it ever happens) Denon Link.

Anyone got any tips on getting the upgrade done.....

Anil.

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speak to Denon directly (Hayden Labs). Tel 01753 888447 - Fax 01753 880109 - Email info@denon.co.uk

They should be able to help. :)

3. BabylonP

BabylonP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Anil

I had my A1SR upgraded around April this year. I had an A1 DVD player which was already V2 D-Link, so I had to get the amp upgraded so I could get DVD-A working etc.

It was organised via my supplier and Denon UK actually let me to drop the unit in to the service department and pick it up when it was finsihed. The upgrade took about a week and works nicely.

You should not have any issue getting this done.

Denon UK did take a long time to release this update. If you look on Denon UK's website and look at the AV products there are some notes about the upgrade

Phil