Upgrading Denon av4500 for the av4700 or av6700

DodgeTheViper

Personal opinions like yours are irrelevant.

Audioholics confirmed the same roll off issue with marantz AV pres.
No, they’re not irrelevant. And the fact that this person was caught out is not an opinion. Not many took notice of the so called reviews and there’s probably even less now that its been found out to be flawed.

But anyway, I’m off topic.

Last edited:

Zarf2007

Link to 550?
It was actually the 850 but the 390/550 and 850 share the same innards apart from amplification/psu types, read through this thread and look at the test results for the 850:

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
t was actually the 850 but the 390/550 and 850 share the same innards apart from amplification/psu types, read through this thread and look at the test results for the 850:

Better but the arcam is still a broke product for such expensive item I would expect no large bug issue.

As for why wasn't avr350 tested again, owners usually send in their own iterm to be bench tested.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Hey you now put that £200 sale of the Tag into one of these (the 32 channel version)

BigT

I recently bought a Arcam 390 for £999 to replace my old Marantz 6003.
Its probably the best thing I have ever purchased.
I have had no issues at all, sure does a few things in a slightly different way, but once you get your head around its fine.
I was initially skeptical, especially around the power output, but again it continues to surpass all expectations.

£999 is a genuine bargain in my opinion

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I have had no issues at all, sure does a few things in a slightly different way, but once you get your head around its fine.
I was initially skeptical, especially around the power output, but again it continues to surpass all expectations.

Exactly. SQ is in a different stratosphere right?

I know early adopters had some MAJOR issues and bugs but they've all been ironed out now. Issues have raised from numbers changing to noise in the speakers etc. but DIRAC and the SQ from the Arcam really are in that next tier whcih D&M&Yamaha (and tone winner lol) don't really compete with IMO.

I think AVR390 + dedicated amp is better tho cos the AVR390 can struggle with 4ohm speakers if u go at reference or a bit above (but not many ppl do).

BigT

Exactly. SQ is in a different stratosphere right?

I know early adopters had some MAJOR issues and bugs but they've all been ironed out now. Issues have raised from numbers changing to noise in the speakers etc. but DIRAC and the SQ from the Arcam really are in that next tier whcih D&M&Yamaha (and tone winner lol) don't really compete with IMO.

I think AVR390 + dedicated amp is better tho cos the AVR390 can struggle with 4ohm speakers if u go at reference or a bit above (but not many ppl do).
Yeah totally agree.
I have always had modest but what I considered fairly good equipment, but the I'm rediscovering my CD collection .
If your into switching video sources and upscaling through the amp its not going to be for you. But is its sound quality then its a no brainer.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member

Arcam 390 is 90w both channels driven into 4ohm into 8ohm, 81w. Can't find FTC all channels driven.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom