• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Upgrading Dell Inspiron 530 to play latest games

samo8076

Hi guys, i have a Dell Inspiron 530 E4500 and want to upgrade it to play the latest games on high detail i.e Cyrsis, Stalker, COD4 etc.

The current spec for my system is:

2.2ghz Duo Core
3GB ram
Vista Home Premium
ATI 2400 Pro 128mb ram

I have just bought a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 so thats the graphics sorted. What else would i need to play the top tier games or will the graphics card handle them well?

Cheers

duffman66

Standard Member
Hi,

THe Hd 4670 is an ok card. It depends on how much gaming you want to do and how much money you can spend. if you really want to do some serious gaming your gonna need a stronger card.
My advice: Look at 9800gtx or above. For this u also need to keep in mind the power supply.

Also, the screen will make a big different. Look for 22" or above.

The rest of your set up is ok for now. You may wanna look at overclocking the cpu later on.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom