Upgrading CPU

Vicky76

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded cpu in a Packard Bell Easynote MZ 36 laptop. I'm not sure how I work out what new CPU will be compatible....I want to download an Autocad programme that requires a processor of at least 3 GHz and my current one is 1.73 ghz.

I have attached some info I have got on my motherboard and stuff, from Sandra and CPU-Z, but I have not idea how to interpret the info...

any advice would be much appreciated,
thanks in advance

Attachments

• m-board.jpg
    m-board.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 59
  • motherboard.jpg
    motherboard.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 62
CPUs on laptops are not designed to be user upgradeable, some are even soldered to the motherboard.

Even if you were to find a cpu that fits and could install it, there is no guarantee the laptop's cooling system would be able to cope with it.

Your laptop comes with an Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent AMD Athlon) processor, as far as I can tell. It should be well capable of running AutoCAD, just make sure you have 3GB or ram or more. A fast hard drive or better yet a SSD would do well to make it run more smoothly, but is not a necessity.

Last edited:
Also unfortunately I think the max Ram my laptop can take is 2gb, so not sure I could upgrade to 3....here's a link to the autocad spec requirements, unfortunately the free student downloads which is what I want only go back to 2010 and as i have Vista I need 2gb ram and 3ghz :(

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That's a 3.0Ghz pentium 4, pentium 4's are single core processors and since you have a core two duo you have twice as many cores to work with! Bare in mind that now Ghz mean nothing tbh, your cpu will have a newer architecture and will run faster per Mhz than the pentium 4, your laptop should be able to handle it. Just give it a go first, there's no harm in trying it out and if it doesn't work then upgrade!

Thank you both very much for the information....I will download it and give it a go first, could save a lot of bother if it works!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom