Question upgrading centre speaker

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Such, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    I'm currently toying with the idea of changing my centre speaker from Monitor audio Radius 250 HD to a Monitor Audio silver 6 centre.
    My fronts are MA RX6, so the silver 6 should be a better match.

Will it make a difference to the centre soundstage?

Thanks

2. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +895
    Did you mean the new Silver 6G serie center speaker or Silver 6 tower speaker as center speaker? Cause there are people who has three tower speakers at front, especially with projector screen.

3. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
  4. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +895
    That is one serie newer than your RX Silvers. I would rather hunt down the matching RX Silver Centre if possible, that is if you are happy with the RX6s and won`t be upgrading them anytime soon;
    RX Centre

I haven`t heard the RX6, only S6 so can`t say about tonal differencies. But i remember reading the newer serie is big jump from RS6/RX6. That`s why i would try to match the series at front.

Put some wanted add at Classifieds section here, ebay, gumtree etc. It shouldn`t cost much and you would get the matching center then.

R250 uses the smaller 4" old MMP II drivers and older C-Cam tweeter (25kHz vs 35kHz), so yes there should be quite an difference! You have projector screen so i am assuming you can also maximize the center speaker placement. Your setup looks very nice apart from the center speaker which is one of the most important speaker in HT setup, so yeah definitely upgrade that!

5. Such

Such

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    thanks, I cannot fine an RX centre, but there are a few silver centers around.
    I may just take a punt on the silver centre - or there is an rx6 single floorstander that i can use on its side perhaps - probably wont work due to driver configuration.