Christonian

Good Morning Everyone from Canada

Goal is 7.1.4 or 5.1.4 current setup is 7.1, open to making AURO3D 9,10,11.1 setup

Building from scratch looking for the best layout for my space feel free to download the file and mess around with it room has been gutted to the studs today

I had someone suggest a 180 of the room which I am willing to consider but when I do it couch is basically in the same spot I do like the idea just trying to figure out speaker placement in my brain

The other thing I am worried about is if the back chairs are elevated just worried about not much headroom because of the bulkhead

Hoping to use the auromatic upscaler on most stuff, how does it compare to Dolby and DTS:X upscaler?

Budget for heights/ceiling speakers and amp trying to stay under $500

Main content would be Movies, Games and TV

Ceiling speakers
Monoprice 134198 in-Ceiling Speakers 8 Inch Carbon Fiber 2-Way with 15 Angled Drivers (Pair) - Alpha Series Amazon product

Monoprice Caliber In Ceiling Speakers 8 Inch Fiber 2-Way with 15° Angled Drivers (pair) - 104929 Amazon product

Height speakers
I can get another set of R-14 for another height set if decide to go that route over ceiling speakers

Amp to get 11 Channels
www.amazon.ca
AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 HiFi Class D Stereo Digital Audio Amp 2.0 Sound Amplifier for Speaker Home Theater System : Amazon.ca: Electronics
AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Power Amplifier 300Wx2 HiFi Class D Stereo Digital Audio Amp 2.0 Sound Amplifier for Speaker Home Theater System : Amazon.ca: Electronics
www.amazon.ca

Current equipment
C9 65" Professionally Calibrated
Denon AVR x4700h(bought this week)
Sub - R-10SW
Center - R-25C
Height and back surround (4 in total) - R-14M
Front left and right (2 in total) - R-24F
Shield Pro
PS5
PC with 3080

Room is 12'6"x14'6" measurements below are from outside walls

Below is my final layout the only change might be barn style door vs physical door coming into living room bottom door goes to a bathroom

Attachments

• Home Theatre Final Layout.png
    Home Theatre Final Layout.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Home Theatre.png
    Home Theatre.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 27

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

Looking at your plan you'll just about squeeze 7.1.4. with the speakers located such as they are on your plan. Little confused about your wording with height and ceiling speakers. If, by height, you mean the surrounds and rear surrounds being high on the walls then that is a non starter for an Atmos layout. All your base layer speakers, the 7.1, should be at a seated head height with adjustment being made for the surrounds and rear surrounds for any step up for those rear seats.

As this is a UK based Forum it seems that non of your links are working correctly.

Christonian

Welcome to the Forum.

Looking at your plan you'll just about squeeze 7.1.4. with the speakers located such as they are on your plan. Little confused about your wording with height and ceiling speakers. If, by height, you mean the surrounds and rear surrounds being high on the walls then that is a non starter for an Atmos layout. All your base layer speakers, the 7.1, should be at a seated head height with adjustment being made for the surrounds and rear surrounds for any step up for those rear seats.

As this is a UK based Forum it seems that non of your links are working correctly.

The issue is I am half and half going full Dolby setup or getting an all in one setup, so that is why deciding between inceiling or heights

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom