Upgrading 10yo 7.1 to 7.1.4, Newbie here!

Ok so I've watched a few things now including some atmos content. Im pretty happy with the new set up, mainly I've noticed there's less surround sounds coming from the ceiling but when sounds come from above then I know they are atmos effects and actually sounds good like a bird or atmosphere sounds. The 5.1 is enough for immersion and the 6 atmos speakers creates that distinction with the sounds. Happy with it thanks again guys!
Excellent :)
One thing to note is that ideally surrounds will just help you feel that you're in the movie, rather than draw attention to themselves constantly, so don't worry if they're not screaming at you.

Oh yeah I've definitely run the audessy calibration again since it's quite a large change to the sound scape of the set up, no long weekend over here in Australia but ordered a few 4K UHD to enjoy this weekend!
Cool, what have you ordered?

Excellent :)
One thing to note is that ideally surrounds will just help you feel that you're in the movie, rather than draw attention to themselves constantly, so don't worry if they're not screaming at you.

Cool, what have you ordered?

Yeah the front 3 speakers so a lot of the heavy lifting but when the surrounds or atmos fire up then they really make a difference to the experience

20210829_132341.jpg

Got Frozen 1 & 2 on 4K UHD with Atmos sound tracks (4 year old loves Anna)

20210829_132252.jpg
20210829_132316.jpg

Watching it with her now just noticing where all the sounds come from and 5.1.6 is much better than the 7.1.4 set up, like the sounds are coming from the right places, before this middle ceiling speaker which is right near my seating position was constantly making sounds for the SL channel but I didn't notice the atmos effects as much.

20210829_132232.jpg

Now any sounds from these speakers are actually effects which are intended for height and sounds really clean.

Thanks again guys! At first I was a bit annoyed cos has spent a lot of time, money and effort with that set up but glad I decided to listen to the advice as it actually sounds better and makes more sense than the way I did it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom