Quantcast

Upgradeitis, but where from?

kirk grubb

Hi,
Im on the look out to upgrade my pc box (dont need monitor,keyboard etc)
Looking for something in the region of 2.5 ghz.
Where is the best place to look?
Im looking for something cheapish and will consider 2nd hand.

Cheers

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Aria.co.uk have a great online service.

They provide you with an online pc builder, which is really convienient if you know exactly what you are looking for. Not sure if it is the cheapest, but its quick and simple and reasonably priced.

kirk grubb

Cheers guys, youv'e been most helpfull.
Will give these sites a try.

B

betamac

I usually decide what i want and play ebuyer.com and komplett.co.uk against each other your be hard pushed to find cheaper and i never had any probs yet.

Komplett have a better delivery service, ebuyers fast delivery is very costly but ok if you can wait 3 - 5 days.

kirk grubb

Cheers everyone.
More options the better :)

Garrett

O

oreoboy13

garret - fair enough, just been told that their aftersales is a bit shoody

Garrett

oreoboy13 said:

I must say some of the firms that give good upfront service I have never had to take stuff back to. The only place I had to return anything, the were really good was The Overclocking Store but I think they went belly up, if they have changed their name please let me know as they where very helpful.

Garrett

oreoboy13 said:

I must say some of the firms that give good upfront service I have never had to take stuff back to. The only place I had to return anything, the were really good was The Overclocking Store but I think they went belly up, if they have changed their name please let me know as they where very helpful.

Garrett

oreoboy13 said:

harrisuk

Novice Member
"dont touch MD"

Thats rubbish. I have been using Microdirect for years with no problems. They are cheap and delivery is fast. Just bought a a load pof gear for my new PC from there today. Half the stuff is comming from MD. the rest from Komplett.

Another Avforums myth............

O

oreoboy13

harrisuk said:
"dont touch MD"

Thats rubbish. I have been using Microdirect for years with no problems. They are cheap and delivery is fast. Just bought a a load pof gear for my new PC from there today. Half the stuff is comming from MD. the rest from Komplett.

Another Avforums myth............
How many returns have you had to make?

B

betamac

Microdirect are great until something goes wrong then they are the worst

I had a Asus Nforce 2 motherboard was 11 months old and became faulty sent it back and it took ages and i mean ages to get anythign sorted and when it finally arrives it came in a tatty, torn awful looking Asus box, with a clearly 2nd hand motherboard, with NO manual, No cables, No nothing inside the box i was amazed but they would do nothing about it,

and as of now i am waiting for a refund fo £57 from them which they took off me nearly 3 weeks ago even though i cancelled the order and was told it was all sorted (they took the money anyway 3 das later) i have rang them 4 times each time they confirm nothing was sent to me and say they will issue refund guess what i am still waiting, i have now contacted my bank to see if they will do anything about it.

Yes they are fast, yes they are price decently and yes they are the worst company i have ever used when things go wrong!

Ebuyer are 10X better when returning stuff, always had my refunds no questions asked and usually within a week.

O

oreoboy13

<<ERROR>> said:
www.overclockers.co.uk

Another good store. Their SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum was slightly cheaper than Scan when I got it.

I again would have to disagree, great price and delivery, however their returns policy would give a thief a bad name.

harrisuk

Novice Member
Well one swallow dosnt make a summer. I have had to return things before, no problems. Maybe its because I have taken them back to their store in Manchester, also I know they expanded the internet side of the business, growing pains ?

At the end of the day use who you are happy with. But Ebuyer is not cheap really. Its very difficult to beat Microdirect and Komplett in terms of price and shipping in my experience.