Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Upgraded to DMR-E85H and have some ???'s.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Aimee, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Aimee

Aimee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using a Panasonic DMR-E80H for about a year a half and then it developed some problems. When I took it in for repair they said it wouldn't be cost effective to repair and they gave me a new DMR-E85H. I had bought an extended warranty so this was free. I can't believe the differences in these models!!

With my old one, when I was dubbing to DVD-R or DVD-RAM from the HD the dubbing time remaining would be shown on the front of the recorder in minutes. On this one it is only shown as a percent. Like 25/100, 26/100, ect... I really don't like that, I thought it was better to be able to glance at it and know when it would be finished. Is this something that I just have to live with or it this some setting that can be changed and I'm just not seeing how?

Another thing I am having trouble with is using flexible recording to dub to DVD-R. With my other one if the show was 1.5 hours it would dub somewhere between XP and SP and it would fill the disc getting the best possible quality. I have tried twice with this one and after dubbing a 2.5 hour show to DVD-R it told me that I still had 1.5 hours free. Does this one not work the same or am I doing something wrong?

Other than those things I am loving all the changes!! The new direct navigator is really cool and I love being able to select more than one program at a time to dub, delete, ect..

I would appreciate any advice! :lease:

Aimee

2. Aimee

Aimee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a little update. I was able to figure out the Flexible recording. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong but it seems to be fine now. I'm still curious about the settings to show progress though. This percent thing I just don't like.

Thanks

Aimee