Upgraded AVR300 software - no sound from digital sources

R

Remboy

Hi

Took my trusty AVR300 in to Sevenoaks today to get a software upgrade after a slight glitch had developed where the software seemed "confused" about whether I had set up for 5 or 7 speaker system.

Dealer has installed software 300-3.36 and DSP1.12 which are the most recent according to Crustyloafer's very helpful thread.

Have installed and double checked all connections. I now only get sound from cd connected by analogue when stereo direct is switched on. For a while I was able to get sound from Sky via optical digital connection if I selected the Stereo PCM option, but have since tried Sky movies in Dolby Digital and the surround options are "stuck" in the Dolby Digital otions so can't get Stereo PCM either.

To my limited knowledge it seems that anything routed through the DSP is providing no output - even analogue stereo doesn't work until stereo direct is engaged to bypass the DSP.

Since it's taken me 2 hours to plumb everthing in and set up (all those cables!!) and I'm no expert, I'm hoping there's something I'm missing. Or has the software upgrade just failed to "take" properly and it's another trip back to Sevenoaks?

Any help or advice please?? Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom