1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GoggleBoy, Dec 10, 2002.

1. GoggleBoy

GoggleBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Sony 725 DVD player , I have had this for the last 3 years and its a great player. I was thinking of upgrading this xmas to the 900 as I have seen it going for 249 multi region, which is pretty damn good. I was just wondering if the performace gain is worth switching to the new player.

Any feedback welcome.

Rgds,
    Goggs.

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Just changed from a 525 to a Pioneer 656 and I have to say that there is a noticable improvement in picture quality, sound is much the same with DVDs of course but CDs play better (tho I'm keeping my CD player still). SACD is magnificent so if the 900 includes that facility, then I'd say that an upgrade is worthwhile. Having said that I'd shell the extra dosh to get the latest model.
    I looked at the 905 when I bought the Pioneer and I have to say that it was on a par with the Pioneer in most aspects except for price (tho I note that if it's gotten cheaper) and the ability to play DVD-A.