Question Upgrade??

Meyrick Man

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic 50DX750 which is a great TV but I fancy a slightly larger TV? I've spotted a 58DX802 for £599 and the 58EX750 for £749. Picture wise would these two models be on a par with what I've already got or would I see a very slight improvement? I read quite a few reviews on both models, I've always Panasonic TV's including 3 fantastic plasma's. Or would it be worth upping the budget and going for the Sony 55 model which is just over £1000 at the moment but seems to tick all the boxes. Any thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance

Picture wise would these two models be on a par with what I've already got or would I see a very slight improvement?
They will be almost exactly the same outside of differences between one identical TV and the next.

Or would it be worth upping the budget and going for the Sony 55 model which is just over £1000 at the moment but seems to tick all the boxes. Any thoughts/advice?
It depends if you are looking to get a TV which is better with HDR or not, if you want a decent HDR TV then the Sony XE9005 is good value. The other models are more on-par PQ wise with your current model and are very good SDR TVs.

Have you considered going for a 65" TV like the Hisense NU8700? Its recently been reduced to near £1000. That won't be any worse than your current model and that way you get a nice boost with screen size.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom