Upgrade Virgin V6 box to 360 - worth it?

Goodguy

Novice Member
I have been given the opportunity to software upgrade my V6 box to 360 (new remote only to be sent).
Have others done this and is it worth it?
What are the Pros and Cons (particularly the cons)?
I use an Apple TV for the main streaming apps
Also use a Harmony Remote (old school not a hub version)

Any advice welcomed
Thanks

rune

I've just upgraded my v6 box to 360.. I hated the v6 software, to the point I rather watch freeview on my TV.. I must say the new software is much nicer, its quick and easy to get to stuff.. I really like it.

I too have a Harmony Remote (650) and I was able to add the 360-remote fine, just make sure you add it as "Ziggo Mediabox Next". You will miss out on a couple of the buttons, and obviously the option for voice control..

Dave1979

Love the new software. The voice control works really well. I also prefer the Netflix and Amazon apps to using them on either my LG TV or AppleTV. Just waiting for them to add more apps - AppleTV+, Disney Plus etc.

Set up all my old series links no worries with a “only new episodes” option pretty quickly.

it just looks modern, is speedier on everything - channel changes etc and a decent remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom