Upgrade to the DENON DF102DABS?

gordonnobbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently own the Denon UD-M31 micro system which i purchased around two years ago. I'm thinking of ugrading to the DENON DF102DABS system as this would give me DAB radio and the ability to play MP3's. Is the sound quality of the DF102 likely to be superior to what i currently own?

Thanks in advance....:)

A new review in what hi fi mag is not very encouraging for this new denon system go to w.h smiths and have a read ;) I to was going to get this but I'm now stalling on but i have found a good price only £299 at empire direct.

I currently own the Denon UD-M31 micro system which i purchased around two years ago. I'm thinking of ugrading to the DENON DF102DABS system as this would give me DAB radio and the ability to play MP3's. Is the sound quality of the DF102 likely to be superior to what i currently own?

Thanks in advance....:)

Try the Onkyo Cs515. Very good system with any speakers.

I have had this system now for about 2 months using it with Mourdant Short 902i's Once run in the system performs really well. Build quality is excellent. Make sure you also invest in the Denon ASD-1R I Pod dock

The DF102DABS sounds massively better than the onkyo cr515, (especially with the onkyo speakers which are terrible!)

Use the DF102 with a decent pair of interconnects (QED qunex 2 is a reasonable upgrade)! Great little system. :thumbsup:

The DF102DABS sounds massively better than the onkyo cr515, (especially with the onkyo speakers which are terrible!)

Use the DF102 with a decent pair of interconnects (QED qunex 2 is a reasonable upgrade)! Great little system. :thumbsup:

What do you think of the denon give us you review on it please.
Was going to buy but the mag put me off a bit it can be had for £299 empire direct without the speakers

I've not read the latest review you mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have heard it against the DM35, the DF102 is far more musical and grown up. Also tried the onkyo's (CR515 & CR715), i think the onkyos are ok, but only for background noise, thats all they did for me, make a noise. Plus the CR715 sounds worse than the CR515! :thumbsdow

In my experiene the DF102 is a very grown up sounding little system. Most suffer from grateing top and end tuneless bottom end (if any). The Denon SCF102 speakers are much better than stock speakers of other micro manufacturers, though the system is quite worthy of upgrade, i'd plump for some Epos ELS3's (cracking sound, yet still compact). It's also not laking any features of note.

The only thing i can't pass comment on is Teac, haven't tried them.

So i say, good buy! :smashin:

I've not read the latest review you mentioned earlier in the thread.

I have heard it against the DM35, the DF102 is far more musical and grown up. Also tried the onkyo's (CR515 & CR715), i think the onkyos are ok, but only for background noise, thats all they did for me, make a noise. Plus the CR715 sounds worse than the CR515! :thumbsdow

In my experiene the DF102 is a very grown up sounding little system. Most suffer from grateing top and end tuneless bottom end (if any). The Denon SCF102 speakers are much better than stock speakers of other micro manufacturers, though the system is quite worthy of upgrade, i'd plump for some Epos ELS3's (cracking sound, yet still compact). It's also not laking any features of note.

The only thing i can't pass comment on is Teac, haven't tried them.

So i say, good buy! :smashin:

Gordon, sorry to jump into your thread:oops:

Digibadger,

I'm thinking of the F103 myself here in japan http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532812

can you confirm what speakers you had on your F102 system and can someone explain the differences with the speaker spec for the japanese market:lease:

cheers

Olivier

Have just returned this system today - it was awful.

Have several other excellent Denon systems.

The DF102 with Denon speakers sounded dull and flat with no top end. Tried numerous cables, room configurations and stands to no avail. I was very disappointed.:thumbsdow

I have this system also with Mordaunt-Short 902i speakers and found it to be a little dull and flat. The bass was not as tight and punchy as I like on cd's so I tried an old Marantz cd seperate and it sounded much better through the denon amp.

I now use the denon amp with a Nad C521BEE which sounds very good but it's just a shame i couldn't put up with the cd component of this little system. I've kept the denon amp because I really like the integraded DAB radio but because I know a full size seperate amp will sound better with my Nad cd player I can't help but long for a better system!

The only problem with this denon amp is that the left channel buzzes. Not noticeable when listening through speakers but headphones show up this flaw enough for it to ruin my listening experience. Are amps meant to buzz at all or should I contact denon for a replacement/repair?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom