Upgrade to SkyQ DIY

Mickey milo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,i currently have a basic sky hd box package and have been offered a free upgrade to SkyQ .
After doing a little research i believe it's just a case of a different LNB and a new box ..
What i would like to know is how easy would be if i purchased the parts myself and installed the cable and box myself .

I have been told that if you cancel sky after having skyQ they take the box away ,just looking for a bit of advice on this as i don't want to commit without knowing my full options as i am quite happy installing and buying the parts myself,,Any help or advice would be appreciated ..Thanks

You only rent the Q box(es) so must return at the end of contract.

You can't (legally) buy Q boxes and $ky can/will disable any bought on the grey markets I believe. Most features require a card and subscription from $ky in any case.

A free upgrade to a Q sub gets a free Q LNB install... so no need to diy (unless your dish is in a place that $ky installers elfin safety precludes their technicians from attacking).

You can ask / insist on them installing a Hybrid LNB (2x wideband for Q and 4 x universal for other sat receivers) if you want to ensure that other devices will be usable?.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom