Upgrade to Samsung Pixon, Omnia or HTC Touch HD????

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by bjsmethurst, Feb 1, 2009.

1. bjsmethurst

bjsmethurst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I've spend days reading reviews of these phones, and others but I'm still baffled about which phone I should go for when I upgrade this month.

I'm a heavyish texter, and that's what bothers me about going for one of these touch screen options, does anyone have experience with any of these phones as to which is easier to text on??

I've always been a Samsung devotee, but i'm heavily tempted by the HTC as it looks so much more flashy, and I'm put off the Pixon by the lack of ability to customise the themes etc.

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm also open to other suggestions if you've found a phone that is amazing!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Theyre all pretty rotten to text on, the only full screen phone i've found even mildly decent for texting is the iphone.

I hate windows mobile with a passion, its just so slow, unresponsive and clumsy. I've owned the vario II, compact IV, vario III, Touch, Touch plus and omnia.

3. Tass

Tass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the Pixon, personally.

Omnia : I agree with Sy1441 - Windows Mobile's really slow! Apparently they've taken a lot out for the Omnia & sped it up quite a bit, but I'm still not a fan. The Omnia does have Wireless, which is quite cool, but I can't think of any scenarios where that would be at all useful?

Pixon : Nice, fast, responsive. Decent camera under good light, not great under poor lighting, although the other 2 aren't any better. Internet's quite useful - worth getting an unlimited bolt-on. As you've mentioned you can't customise the themes so a bit disappointing, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

HTC : Tempting, although like you my Samsung bias has held strong.

4. jamesg1979

jamesg1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I hated texting before I got a touch screen, now I can't bare it!

5. qkrwldn90

qkrwldn90
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jamesg1979,
    when u say the omnia is alot more responsive after the update,
    do u mean its better than the pixon response?
    im struggling on whether to get omnia or pixon
    and i've been reading that omnia has crappy touch screen,which made me lean on the pixon side more even though it lacked alot of features.
    would you say that omnia is equal to or better than the pixon touch screen? please reply.
    oh i forgot something. is the update available in the u.s. also?