Upgrade to Rotel 1068

DTech

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on the upgrade path - has anyone listened/demoed the Rotel 1572 processor? I need to replace my 1068 - I'm going to go with b&w cm 5.1 set up and am being pushed down the arcam 600 route but £4k seems a touch pricey - I like the Rotel sound and am also very attached to the power amp - a Rotel 1075 - in my eyes it's still gorgeous - and am reluctant to go down the one box route - no one seems to sell Rotel kit anymore - so a demo is difficult - any suggestions welcomed - but nothing in the way of onkyo, pioneer etc - I just find it all too way aggressive

It's generally well thought of around these parts. I would definitely keep the 1075 over spending all that money on the AVR600, which was (is?) full of bugs.

It's been a while since I've heard a 1068, but Rotel's processors have always sounded clean and detailed, even if they lack a few features compare to the big boys. Things haven't changed, but for me, that's a good thing. I've had the 1072 on loan at home for a week or so, alongside my RMB1575, and it's performed extremely well. Granted, it doesn't have room EQ, but like the Audiolab 8200AP, it still sounds excellent, and there seems to be something in keeping a processor simple that helps it retain quality. The onboard PEQ is very handy, and is quite flexible too. Two channel quality is particularly good, and it will more than stand up to fully featured processors in this department - and probably exceed them.

Last edited:
If you love the Rotel sound then everything else (i.e. other manufactuers) in your price bracket will probably disappoint you. I too owned the Rotel 1068 and thought it was superb :)

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will try and find someone who stocks it or at least the receiver equivalent - my first foray has delivered very little in the way of stockists - audio t appear to no longer stock it nor do the local Sevenoaks - 2 channel yes but that's about it - I probably haven't tried hard enough to be honest - job for a few weeks time

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom