1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to Mission 783's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Monster, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thinking of this at the moment. Can't seem to find them anywhere that sells for less than the £999 retail. I would also get the 78C but again its £349 everywhere I've found.

Anyone got any opinion before I audition?

Anyone know any 'cheap' retailers, online or otherwise?

Thanks in anticipation

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've got both those items, 783's excellent in my Cyrus system, not really pushed at all with an AX-1, so unless you've got a better AV amp, I'd save some cash and get less expensive main speakers.

78C1, got it and stuck my 77c1 as a rear centre, again no leap in performance when connected through AX-1.

you won't find the 78 series or 77 series for that matter cheaper than retail, Mission went ape when some online stores started discounting them and the only Mission stuff you tend to see reduced is the HC M series speakers ans FS-AV flat panel stuff.

I am trying to find a cheap pair of 780's myself, for my bedroom so that I can at least start using my Cyrus monobloc system again :(

3. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have it on good authority that Richer Sounds will be getting the final and last delivery of the Mission 77 pack to be manufactured in the next two/three weeks. (£399) (further discount vouchers *may* be available in some adverts making it £379.99 for the pack).

Whether this will mean individual speakers that make up this pack will be available, I couldnt say.

Regards JPC:)