Upgrade to floorstanders

• Thread starter Deleted member 824153
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 824153

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my Q Acoustics 3020s to floor standers. I know there are outstanding stand mounted speakers out there but, for reasons of room design and aesthetics, the next speakers will have to be floorstanders, preferably with an option of an oak or walnut finish. I know sound is more important aesthetics but it’s a compromise needed to keep my hifi in our main sitting room instead of having it relegated somewhere else.

Current system is NAD C320BEE (50W per channel) and Rotel RCD951 CD player. My budget would be in the region of £300, new or secondhand.

Any advice, suggestions or thought are most welcome on potential auditions.

Many Thanks!

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

miguelbarroso

Those MS Mezzo 6 are also available at the forum adverts section.. take a look there, you might find something of your liking.

D

Deleted member 824153

These are all great suggestions, thanks. The 2050s seem quite damaged sadly. Listening room isn’t massive - 5 x 6 metres and speakers will be placed across front wall, 2 metres apart and 2 metres from corner. They will be for music only.

I’ve seen a pair of ?Monitor Audio MR4 in walnut for £250. Can’t find many reviews of these. Are they any good?

Thanks

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The Mezzos are big sounding speakers indeed. They’ll easily fill your room. A bargain.

Ugg10

Distinguished Member

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
D

Deleted member 824153

Many thanks again.

A friend has some KEF IQ5s for sale. I know these were half the price of the mezzos. Anybody know how they’d compare?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom