1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to DP or cut losses?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Chris Frost, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi, I'm after a bit of advice on costs.

I have an AV32R192bp 5.1 and I'm wondering if it is worth the cost to upgrade to DP 7.1 TMREQ or just wait to see if a DP comes up for sale. The new IAG website is a bit of a dogs breakfast and I can't find what the cost of upgrades are. Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Its probably best if you just e-mail helpdesk mate as it varies depending on specific hardware and software options, also I believe prices have gone up since IAG took over. The fact that prices have gone up kind of throws dirt in the face of those who used to say that Tag charged too much for the upgrades. There are quite a few bargain units going at the moment so I would be tempted to work out what it would cost to sell your BP192 and buy a brand new DP? as opposed to upgrading?

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Buy the way when I had mine upgraded, last May (my god its over a year ago!) it cost about £1400.00.

4. lowrider

lowrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would just wait to see if a DP comes up for sale, you might save some money... ;)

Having said that, the DP is much better than the original, different league all toguether... :smashin:

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks Thunder.

It looks like I'll keep the processor as it is then. They're selling s/h for about £1000 - £1200. I think it's brill as a movie processor and OK for music but I can't justify throwing another £1600 at it for the upgrades. For that money I could get a really good integrated class A amp that would do a fantastic job of 2 channel music.

Regards