Upgrade to Arcam FMJ A32

SO8

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a change to my FMJ A32 set up ... I have posted this elsewhere in the HiFi separates forum but thought I would give this forum a go to as it is - after all - the Arcam forum ... but I fancy a change for a very slightly clearer sound with my PMC OB1 speakers ...

Current system - which I have had for in the region of 10 years I think (OB1's for about 5 years) :

Arcam FMJ A32 amp, P35 power amp and CD23 CD player bi amped and bi wired into PMC OB1 speakers using Audioquest Slate cable and LAT IC300
interconnects.

Looking at Roksan Caspian M2, amp, power amp and CD player ?

Am I going to get much difference in quality or sound ... The same, 'better' or worse - any views welcome ! FWIW I am not going to start changing cables, interconnects or look at the power supply.

I guess I am posting here to see if anyone wants to tell me I am being stupid and to stick with what I have got !!

Last edited:
You are looking for something quite precise 'a very slightly clearer sound'. You will only find that by testing different kit and listening for yourself as there are too many factors at play that could produce 'a very slightly clearer sound'. It could be something as simple as speaker toe in or looking at the effect the room has on the sound.

You are looking for something quite precise 'a very slightly clearer sound'. You will only find that by testing different kit and listening for yourself as there are too many factors at play that could produce 'a very slightly clearer sound'. It could be something as simple as speaker toe in or looking at the effect the room has on the sound.

I know what you mean ... I was hoping someone might have tried both already ... Getting stuff for a demo is a bit time consuming if I can get views here that point to it being a waste of time.

I will try altering speaker angle slightly to see what gives ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom