Upgrade to Arcam DV88 Plus

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Hart, Mar 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Paul Hart

Paul Hart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Sony DVP-NS900V SACD/DVD Player to the Arcam DV88 Plus.

I will be using the Arcam mainly for watching/Listening to DVD Music Video's, (Music Concerts) connected through the L & R analogue outputs of the Arcam to my Audio Amplifier.

Most of the DVD Music Video's are all mainly Dolby Digital that I down-mix to Normal 2 Channel Analogue.

Could anyone please tell me what kind of sound improvement I would get in the Arcam DV88 Plus, as opposed to the Sony DVP-NS900V DVD Player.

Best wishes,

Paul.:hiya:

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Visit an Arcam dealer, try DiVA 88+ against your Sony, if still interested arrange a home loan of Arcam, decide for yourself.
    Losing SACD would be negative point for me, the interlaced 54Mhz PQ of your Sony is fine too.

3. Paul Hart

Paul Hart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks gringottsdirect,

I will go with the Arcam upgrade, as I have read great reviews on this site about how good the new Arcam DV88 Plus is, in terms of both picture and mainly sound quality, the sound quality being my greatest concern.

Best wishes,

Paul. :smashin:

4. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Enjoy :)

5. garyc

garyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Paul,

You wont regret it.

Only had for about 2 months, sold both a marantz ki cd player and sony dvd player to get the arcam, I'm really impressed with both picture and sound, especially on the music multi channel dvd's

Its even got my playing cd's again!

Good luck

Gary

6. Paul Hart

Paul Hart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary,

I'm looking forward to getting the Arcam, like I said in my earlier post, I mainly watch music DVD' with my 2 channel stereo amplifier (Sony 777ES), so the quality of the music is very important to me, I really love my music.

I'm glad the Arcam's got you listening to your CD's again, Arcam say's that the DV88 Plus CD quality is somewhere between their 72 & 82 CD Player.

Best wishes,

Paul. :smashin:

7. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I love my DV88+ the sound quality on the movies is amazing (I don't play that many music CD's) but everything is clearer and more detailed...The few DVD-A's I have also sound real good (using the 5.1 soundtrack)

When u get it check the software firmware versions :

should be 3.00xxx and LT76.. if you are lower than this u can get update discs ..

Enjoy

Matt

8. Paul Hart

Paul Hart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Matt,

A more clearer and detailed sound is exactly what I'm after, one of my Mariah Music DVD's is recorded in PCM Stereo (Wow), but my others are all Dolby Digital which is slightly compressed, but they can sound better with a more detailed player like the Arcam.

I have a dedicated CD Player for my music CD's and my SACD's.

Best wishes,

Paul.:smashin: