Upgrade to a C1 65"?

Schyzophrenic

Novice Member
I currently own a Sony LCD of 50" Full hd from 2009.
This TV has been brilliant, is working like a charm and in my opinion is delivering great image considering the technology.
Nonetheless, I keep hearing about the bells and whistles of the LG OLED C1 (on sale now) and I wonder if I should upgrade this TV for the LG one.
It's bigger, better picture so it's appealing, BUT the old TV is working fine, has great connectivity (4 HDMI, 2 SCART) and I am happy with it.
With all this said, I wonder if I should upgrade knowing that I play (PS5/PS4/Switch) and watch streaming services only.

What do you guys think?
Sound wise, I have a Qacoustics 3010 home cinema 5.1 set with a Denon 2700h acquired last year.

tvdavid

you will gain good HDR and be able to see this after.
on places like Netflix prime or Disney plus or blu ray with hdr ones.
I have just got into 4k BD.

tvdavid

you could keep your other tv for watching things like sports or news on which is not as good on an oled.

Schyzophrenic

Novice Member
As an addition, I have a very limited space so I may not be able to keep the old TV, even if I'll try!
My main concern is really about whether this is worth it. Is there going to be important evolutions brought in the C2 model?
Am I killing the planet even more by replacing a working TV? Tough call..

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom