Upgrade time - will i notice the difference?

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currenlty have a Yamaha RXv465 with q acustic 1010i speakers set up as 5.1 configuration.
Iam looking at getting a dennon avr x2700H
I am in no hurry to increase the amount of speakers i have, so my quetsion is, sonically, will there be any noticable difference in sound quility over what i have already?
Is it worth the uoragde if not increasing the amount of speakers?

I have a dennon cd player the 600NE , panasonic 4kuhd 820 player, PS5 and sky q

Thanks..

Upgrade your speakers. Or move those. 1010i to Atmos. Hey bigger speakers and a sub

I agree. Your speakers and sub (assuming it’s also QA) are by far the weakest link in your system and should be upgraded before the AVR.

I agree. Your speakers and sub (assuming it’s also QA) are by far the weakest link in your system and should be upgraded before the AVR.
Hi

All are Q acustics. These ones.

Haven't really got the room for floor standers, would need to be book shelf type again.

Are you saying that with the speakers i have , there would be no upgrade in perceivable sound quality with the Denon?

I supposed the next question is then, what speakers to pair with the Denon with limited room? and not too expensive.

How about a packge deal like this?

Hi

All are Q acustics. These ones.

Haven't really got the room for floor standers, would need to be book shelf type again.

Are you saying that with the speakers i have , there would be no upgrade in perceivable sound quality with the Denon?

I supposed the next question is then, what speakers to pair with the Denon with limited room? and not too expensive.

Can you post some pictures of the room or floorplan just to see that there is no "odd" things like corner tv or fireplace with the speakers just thrown where they fit tightly and is your couch against rear wall - surround speakers very close etc. You can upload pictures here and remove them later. Oh and post your room dimensions.

What is your max budget for the new speakers and subwoofer? Size wise is the QA 3020i / 3030i maximum? The package you linked comes with the small 3010i, however i would gladly pay 20£ extra to get at least 3020i if you are limited to this QA package.

Even better choice over 3000i serie would be the QA Concept speakers which have battled against more expensive speakers. They come in gloss finish. As they are now older range the price has been lowered. So if the plan is to get noticeable audible difference with low cost w/ new speakers then i don´t think you can find anything better than these (££). You can even start with the front three and keep using your 1010i as surround l/r.

Subwoofer doesn`t need to be from QA so there is plenty of options depending of your budget, performance requirements, size, finish..

Happy to go with the "large book shelfs" if you think that makes a diffence.

Some pictures of the room attahced. Please excuse the mess....Its usually much worse ! LOL

Budget wise, well around £1600 ish max if possible........

Attachments

• 20220923_145902.jpg
    20220923_145902.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220923_145907.jpg
    20220923_145907.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 212
  • room 4.jpg
    room 4.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 402
  • room 3.jpg
    room 3.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 208
  • room 2.jpg
    room 2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 204
  • room 1.jpg
    room 1.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 216
Room size? Also that open staircase not going to help with subwoofer you'll need to go bigger/better

Room size aproximatly 3.5M by 5.5m

Another picture attached.

I have had the system for 13 years, its always been "ok" for both movies and Music, but its 13 years old, so i thought i may notice improvemnt, even by just changing the amp.Its the best i could affford and was "aloud" to spend at the time LOL
20220923_154916.jpg

How about this, Although stock on the yamaha seem to be very eratic every where!

Demo those speakers bit I wouldn't buy the KEF speakers there other brands like monoprice, svs, bk, arendel, xtz

I could possible go to this sort of price........

I'd spend the entire budget on the speakers maybe 5.0 the save up for new sub and avr

You'll get the best kit you can rather than getting everything.

Also look into second hand to get even better speakers

I'd spend the entire budget on the speakers maybe 5.0 the save up for new sub and avr

You'll get the best kit you can rather than getting everything.

Also look into second hand to get even better speakers
Oh......
Not sure I'll be able to spend that sort of money.....

iv got the same speakers/sub and thinking the same as the op as to whether or not to upgrade

but surely for the typical living room the q acoustics he has are good enough? iv always been happy with mine, but my amp is goosed

also is 5 speakers not enough?

Any one with any more input, you know, before I start crying I can't afford it...😭😭😭🤣🤣

I'd say aim for 3020i sized speakers at least.

That's not a huge room so I wouldn't go crazy bit with open staircase , sub is needed

Look at monoprice 10" at least

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom