Question Upgrade Time! Suggestions?

squidgy9

Standard Member
Reaction score
It's that wonderful time when you're in the market for some new AV kit.

My RX-V1067 after many years of service, is going to a new owner. Therefore, i'm in the market for a new amp.

I really loved how this amp sounded on my Monitor Audio Gold GX200 floor standers, centre and silver sub. Since moving home I can't really install rears (wires) so had to make do. (i may get musicast)

As i've had a great experience with this amp, i'm looking at another yamaha, RX-A1080 - i'm also attempting to address a major shortfall in the amp department, seeing as the speakers you could say were too much for it. Hence the jump in spec. I'm really only getting rid because I'd like modern 4k connections.

Should i be looking at other amps? I'm not a fan of Denon per se, having a bad experience twice in the past, but i'm open to suggestions around the £1k mark that would suit my speakers. I did look at Pioneer as I heard they're quite warm but don't know much about them, I like the idea of surround:ai and ess sabre dac otherwise i'd consider the a880 could do with a little guidance or ideas, Thanks everyone

If I was ever to upgrade the denon AVRx4500 would be the one I would be looking at a bit over budget but I'm sure you should be able to get it cheaper if you shop around my mate has one and it's an absolute beast will easily drive your speakers you could always try and demo them both

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom