1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade route

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paiger, Jan 8, 2003.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, currently running Sony 1080 and DVPNS700 through Ruark Contemporary R speakers. Not looking to change speakers but am planning to get Arcam AV8, DV27 and two P35 power amps, one with an extra channel.

I have some cash right now and am wondering what to do first. I'm thinking of getting the power amps first but would the DV27 give me more instant benefits? I will want the DVD-A capability when it comes out. Will upgrading be a pain and should I just wait till the full player is available?

Is it worth going for the AV8 first and running into the 5.1 ins of my 1080 for amplification?

At the mo I'm leaning towards going for the P35's and getting the power stage in place, then the DV27 and finally the AV8.

I would like to get some instant benefits for my cash though.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went for the amplification side of things first, the way I looked at it was I had half decent processing from the Denon which I've been happy with. Just upgrading to a power amp has made an amazing difference. Now looking at the processing side of things, just need the funds.

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    The dvd-a upgrade for the dv27 is 'imminent' ... Arcam did say publically 'new year' so not too long ... AFAIK it will be about £400 and is a factory fit ...

The dv27 is a stunning player for dvd and cd's ... so you might get to appreciate the improvement in the picture area and think 'gosh .... how much better the the sound be aswell !!'

I'm progressing a similar route and p/xing my A22/DAVe for an AV8 .. getting another p35 and then saving for the P7 later in the year ... and then I hope I'm there with my kit ;-)

rgds

Jon