Upgrade questions, Tivo, Superhub and Cost.

muzza1uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon peeps,

I'm going to ring VM and get TIVO finally after trying out my brothers over Christmas. I'm an existing customer with below paying on average £92/mnth

TV XL
BB 20mb (old XL I think)
Phone S (whatever the minimum is)
All Sky Sports and Movies in HD.

Been happy to date however main reason for upgrade is to get larger HD to record the greater HD material, plus I think my services could be a little cheaper. I've read through most of the threads and alot of info already, but the questions remaining are

1) I currently use my own 3 year old N series Netgear Wireless Router as at the time VM didn't give them out free. Will the Superhub be as good or better than this, I've no need for an upgrade as yet. I read that I could change the settings in the SuperHub to just act as a modem if I like so it's not critical.

2) Has anyone been upgraded for a 1TB TIVO free recently, that's installation and activation?

3) If they off me to keep my current V+ box, will it be that one? It would save copying over the shows I've not yet watched.

The only other sticking point I had was that my Slingbox Solo HD won't be HD anymore as TIVO won't output component unless I get a HDFury. He's hoping they release the viewer app like the USA in the future.

Thanks in advance
Muzza1

2) Has anyone been upgraded for a 1TB TIVO free recently, that's installation and activation?

I've rung up a few times asking for the TIVO but they wouldn't budge on the £50 activation fee

Some have managed to get a upgrade withou paying either

You will keep the same V+ box you have now

Maybe you should point out to them that new customers can currently get £142.50 cashback from quidco (linky), which more than compensates for the £50 install fee on the 1TB box, and as such, you think it's only fair they waive the fee for existing customers.

Will

I have just upgraded to tivo and i got my v+ box moved into another room at no extra cost (except) the £3 a month extra for the tivo. I was on 50mb broadband,xl tv and phone.I got that deal from retentions.

A friend of mine rang to days later to see if he could get the same deal and they told him they could not do such a deal. I suspect it's who you get on the other end:(

Good read that and very handy if my 50mb will rise to 100mb at no extra charge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom