Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

upgrade query...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mr Cat, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    ok, you know what kit I've got by my signature...

I could possible upgrade my av amp, however, the setup I run is as follows-
    my Nad c350 drives my main speakers, so when I watch a dvd I connect both amps (nad stereo and yammy av amp) so that the the yammy actually drives the centre, reads and sub...

I forget the exaxt connect names in the amps that I use to connect - I think they're the main and pre connectors..? anyway, I only have to use the av remote to control the volume, and I think I have about 15-20% improvement using both amps that just using the yammy for dvds...

this leads me to the question - do I actually need to upgrade my av amp..?
    I'm gonna stick with 5.1 - due to rooms size issues...

what kind of improvments can I expect if I do upgrade..?

cheers

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Not that you need it but a significant upgrade in stereo ability over the old 620. Better surround steering and processing power and better/bigger power amps for driving the speakers. Most of the newer processing from :dd: and :dts: are aimed at more than 5.1 unless you want :dts: 96/24.

If none of that apeals to you you might be better off just getting a power amp and bi-amping the front speakers with it. Makes quite a difference :devil: