Upgrade Quad L-ite 5.1 to 7.1 - with what?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chris2922, Jul 19, 2015.

1. chris2922

chris2922

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    After some advice please. I have a Quad L-ite 5.1 rosewood speaker package that I've had for about 8 years. My Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver (which I bought at the same time) supports 7.1 channels so I want to add another pair of satellite speakers to my system.

Problem is I cannot find a matching pair of Rosewood L-ite satellites.

I suppose the new speakers could replace the front pair and they could becomes the rear surrounds. Even then I'm not sure what to buy that will maintain the balance the current system provides. I don't want 2 great big floor standers that will dwarf the other channels. Sure I could turn them down, but then I'm underusing them so that seems pointless.

Any advice would be appreciated. Otherwise I will have to keep checking eBay for an old pair in Rosewood (or maybe black - wont see them in the dark anyway!).

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,443
    Do you have space behind you listening position to accommodate 7.1 properly?
    If you want to replace the front L/R with something different then also change the centre to match the new speakers.
    The best option is to have all the speakers of the same make and model so if you do not want to replace all 5 speakers then keep looking on ebay for a matching set of the Quads.

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
    How about adding a pair of Quad 11L or 12L (or even the floor-standers) as a front pair.

4. chris2922

chris2922

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I just want to add 2 more speakers to move from 5.1 to 7.1. I do have space behind the seating position yes.

I would prefer not to replace any of the existing Quad L-ites. Finding another 2 is proving very difficult though!

5. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
  6. chris2922

chris2922

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Strange that Tesco are saying they are in stock and sell through Superfi, but Superfi say they have no stock. I think I'm going to try buying them and see what happens.

Thanks for that link fingers crossed I can snatch a pair.

7. chris2922

chris2922

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well the order went through ok with Tesco and I have a confirmation email. Now just waiting for someone to realise they don't actually have any! Fingers and toes crossed that a shiny rosewood pair of satellite L-ite's turn up via courier.